What I Read in 2007

Not as much as last year, that's for certain. I didn't write a review for the last book I read ("What I Lived For" by Joyce Carol Oates) but it wasn't worth writing a review over, more or less actually reading. I put a * next to my favorites. Any recommendations for my 2008 list?


What I Lived For - Oates
Grace at Low Tide - Webb Hart
House - Peretti and Dekker
*Girl in Hyacinth Blue - Vreeland
Divisadero - Ondaatje
The Choice - Sparks
The Whistling Season - Doig
Rainlight - McGhee
The Rock - Morgan
*Into the Wild - Krakauer
*A Thousand Splendid Suns - Hosseini
Carry Me Home - Kling
Cities of the Plain - McCarthy
The Crossing - McCarthy
All the Pretty Horses - McCarthy
Devotion - Norman
Sweetwater Creek - Siddons
The Summer Fletcher Greel Loved Me- Kingsbury
Water for Elephants - Gruen
Gilead - Robinson
*A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Smith
Lonesome Dove - McMurty
*Bridge to Terabithia - Paterson
I Know This Much is True - Lamb
*Little Altars Everywhere - Wells
Tara Road - Binchy
If Only it Were True - Levy
Atonement - McEwan
*Ava's Man - Bragg
*The Poisonwood Bible- Kingsolver
We Were the Mulvaneys - Oates
The Mending String - Coon

Comments

Katrina said…
I just finished The Thirteenth Tale a week or so ago, and it was a great read! Since you've got A Thousand Splendid Suns on your list, I'm assuming you've also read The Kite Runner. That and Ava's Man are the next ones up on my list to read. :)
Lisa said…
Amy-
I don't know if you've read I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. It's an old book, but it had a really delightful protagonist and I think you would enjoy it.

Popular Posts