T.G.I.F?

It feels like it's been a long week somehow. Certainly feels like forever ago that I had a day full of so many celebrations. I arrived home tonight exhausted, with a bag full of groceries to make a quick but yummy dinner.

Unfortunately, it was one of those days around here. Days when chores were only half done. Days when items were left on the kitchen table again despite multiple conversations about picking them up. A day like many others when my child would rather play with the laptop (old but refurbished) that his dad gave him for Christmas than do a thorough job of anything else around the house.

And so I got mad. And I revoked. And I talked sternly. And I consequenced. And I took away his privilege to be on said computer. And his right to breathe, and I said I would next take away his very right to blood in his veins. Or something like that. All that parenting jargon kinda gets thrown right into the heat of the battle.

And so we ate the delicious turkey dinner in silence.

And we've been in separate rooms ever since.

And while he knows I've said my peace and I'm not going to talk sternly any longer, he's still keeping his distance. And so am I.


This hereby officially marks the first time since the move that I wish it were a "Daddy Weekend".

Comments

Jennifer said…
Well, at least it doesn't him 8 hours to clean a freaking bedroom!!! That's how long Morgann & Alex have both been upstairs cleaning their rooms. I had to finally go up there (after 4), spoon in hand, to dole out the spankings that I've been threatening for hours on end, then begin to "help" them clean. They don't like it when I do that because I always leave with full trash bags, just like I did tonight (2 for the garbage and 2 for Goodwill). Maybe they will eventually learn to just do it themselves...or maybe they will end up with no toys in their rooms at all! Either way, it will be a win for me :)

Popular Posts