It's Only January 15th...

...but you can already breathe easier, moms.

The Worst Mother of the Year Award is already been handed out. (Not to me, you sillies!!)

Yesterday, while taking attendance in a third grade classroom, I remarked that Kate appeared to be absent. A couple classmates chimed in that Kate is always a few minutes late on Mondays. I replied with a casual, "yeah, Mondays are rough ones, aren't they?" only to be met with the unbelievable explanation. The classmates seemed to be under the impression that Kate was actually at.....PIANO LESSONS.

When Kate did arrive (and she wasn't but more than two minutes late at the most) I inquired. "Kate? Did you just come from piano lessons?" She nodded. "Before school?" She nodded. "On a MONDAY?" She just chuckled and nodded again. "I've been doing that for nearly two years now," she remarked.

Now that is one mean mother.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Yeah, sounds sort of harsh for a 3rd grader!!! Actually, sounds sort of harsh for a grown adult...I'm sooo not a morning person :)
Sarah Louise said…
But, having dated a piano player (and teacher) if you want to go anywhere, younger is better. The question is, does she like it, and is she any good? I bet she is, on both counts, if she's been doing this on Mondays for two years.

Heck, hockey kids have to get up earlier than that more than one day a week, I'm thinking.

I'm just saying.
jenny said…
I cannot even remember that Monday is library day for my poor girl. *sigh* never mind getting out the door early to piano.

And yep, SL, hockey comes early (read 4:30 a.m.) many, many weekends. If he's still playing in high school, he'll be done with practice and at school by sevenish a.m. - Which the practice ice is a half hour away from the school. What I want to know is...who the heck drives him there???? Me? *sobs quietly*

Popular Posts