And the Award Goes To...

In addition to the Worst Mother of the Year Award already being handed out, today I am officially giving out the 2008 Brother-in-Law of the Year Award. I know, again, it's only January, but still.

Over the last couple months, I have been fighting with my windshield washer fluid. I thought I was just out, but no, even when I refilled, it had trouble spraying. I worked on it one day in my sister's driveway and it would work and then a few days later it wouldn't. When we drove to Illinois a couple weeks ago, I had to keep stopping to clean off the windshield. At the hotel, Bear took it all apart and blew through the tubes and tested it and did his best to fix it. He actually made it worse, at that point, but I gave him huge points for just attempting to solve the issue.

Today, I was on my way to pick up LM when Bear called. Puzzled as to why he was calling me, I answered quizzically. "Two things. One: I ordered new parts for your windshield washer fluid. They cost $6 apiece and should be in by the end of the week. I'll install them for you. Two: I'm having a poker night at my house in a couple weeks, you're welcome to come play cards with us if you'd like."

I was speechless. I'm certain I said something like, "Um, uh, whu? Ussa, what'sit?"

I was just stunned. I haven't had any one else take care of something on my car in years!! I was dreading the call to the mechanic and then sitting there while they fix it, and then it costing $234 because it was $50 to diagnose the problem, $50 for parts and $134 for installation.

Sometimes it's just the little things that can make such a huge difference. I cannot explain how grateful I was to Bear for thinking about this problem and finding an easy solution for me. It really means the world.

Oh and the invite to the poker game? Just icing on the cake.

Thanks, Bear.

Comments

Sarah Louise said…
oh, this move to Michigan is just getting better and better. I didn't realize Bear was Brother in Law, he always seemed like a brother, which makes is actually more wonderful. Reading your story gives me hope for mine.

I've never played poker, I do like cards. Have fun!!

Popular Posts