Things That Disturb Me

1. When I log into my yahoo mail, when my little avatar chic starts to load, she comes in bald at first. I’m scared it’s some sort of a sign that I should get used to myself without hair.
2. I am actually taking notes with me to LM’s conferences tonight.
3. I think an alien has taken over my sister. It took her a month to tell me that her family didn’t have any interest in the sting-ray excursion (so we could go ahead and book it for ourselves) and she doesn’t know if or how much cash she is taking with her for the cruise. She is the eldest. She ALWAYS knows.
4. That my brother’s roommate is called “Stubs”. I don’t want to know why.
5. That my brother is now “seeing” (not yet dating, but I don’t know the difference) a girl who majored in psychology. I wonder if G is her thesis project for her Master’s degree?
6. That my complete lack of discipline and willpower have not yet taken over my NaNoWriMo project. We’re at the halfway point and I’m halfway to 50,000.
7. The salmon dinner I cooked last night. ‘Nuf said.
8. In a search for quotes from the movie “Ghostbusters” (don’t ask why) I learned that there was actually a line in the movie suggesting that if they just got Mr. Stay Puft laid, all would be well in N.Y.
9. That I haven’t heard from the job in Michigan in way too long for my normal comfort level, but as of yet, I haven’t completely freaked out.
10. Next week is Thanksgiving. I have no plans whatsoever. Not even a household project I want to tackle.
11. That for the first week that I have worn my pedometer (in an effort to work towards the 10,000 steps-a-day goal) I have averaged a measly 2500 steps a day.
12. There was some small, white, gelatin-ish substance in my balsamic vinaigrette dressing at lunch, but I ate it anyway.
13. Listening to my downstairs neighbor having sex with her boyfriend last night at 10:30 didn’t upset me (hey, it’s wasn’t 4am!)
14. One of my co-workers will actually change the plastic bindings I put on a report to one that’s an eight of an inch smaller because she thinks the ones I use are too big (and to think I went to college for this!).
15. That NBC actually thought of canceling Studio 60. What’s next? Brothers and Sisters?

Comments

Katy said…
you went to college for report binding? Or office work? I'm unclear on this. But the idea is funny anyway. =)
Anonymous said…
I LOVE Studio 60 - it's intelligent humor that most of mainstream America doesn't get. So, NBC's answer is to just cancel the show. Go figure!!! I hope the ratings improve so that it sticks around for a while :)
Katrina said…
My Yahoo avatar loads up missing her face for a few seconds before the full image loads. I, too, find that disturbing.

I've heard of thin walls, but not thin floors. Your downstairs neighbor must be loud indeed!

Congrats on keeping up your NaNoWriMo pace! I am duly impressed!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I know ALL about thin floors. Sound actually travels better on the up and down continuum. (From experience--I don't know if it's a scientific fact.)

And congrats on nawrimo halfway mark!!

Michigan--but that's so far away! (Not that I've ever met you, but southeast PA seems closer if I wanted to...)

Studio 60 seems prime for cancelling but I hope they don't. I watched Brothers and Sisters and did not get it at all. I'm waiting patiently for NBC to bring back Crossing Jordan...

I don't have an avatar for my yahoo mail...I haven't had time to play around with the concept.

Thanks for commenting on mah blog. Have a great day!
Anonymous said…
I love this post -- it's so funny and random the things that bug us. I completely appreciate that someone else is bugged by little things.

ps. sorry the salmon was a bomb. :)
Katy said…
So how did the conference go?
Anonymous said…
Wow, I was #3, thought I'd be above that for the sting ray deal. LOL

Popular Posts