The Moment of Truth

Word Count Validator:

Up until November 25th, this area contained a run-of-the-mill word-count updater. Now it's become your portal to victory. If you upload a manuscript that is 50,000 words or more, you will be logged as an official NaNoWriMo winner, and will be sent to a special page to collect your winner's certificate and web icons.

Upload a manuscript that has less than 50,000 words, and you will be returned to this page (with your word count handily updated for you).

To use it, please save your manuscript as a Text Only file (with a .txt extension) and upload it here!



You've Won!

Dear Novelist,

You did it.

Despite everything else going on in your busy life, you managed to pull off the creative coup of writing a 50,000-word novel in just one month.

When the going got tough, you got typing, and in four weeks, you built vast worlds and set them in motion. You created characters; quirky, interesting, passionate souls with lives and loves and ambitions as great as yours. You stuck it out through the notoriously difficult middle stretch, and pressed onward as 80% of your fellow writers dropped out around you.

And now look at you: A NaNoWriMo winner. And the owner of a brand-new, potential-filled manuscript. It's an amazing accomplishment, and we're proud to have had you writing with us this year.

Official count: 50,660 words. 11 Chapters. One Children's book. "The Trouble With Charlie". I am a writer.


Comments

shayze said…
Congratulations! Definitely a fete! I tried it but just didn't dedicate enough time. No way of finishing it now in time. But, now I know what I need to do next year and still making myself finish the 50000 words by the end of January.
Jules said…
Oh, WOW!!! I am SO IMPRESSED!!! You wrote a whole book, a children's book, no less! Seriously, do you have any idea how awesome you are?!? Now you can go back and edit to your hearts content, and sell it to a publisher and never have to work again! LOL. I am so happy for you, that is truly a great feat.
Amy A. said…
Congratulations! I couldn't do it. But I didn't really put my shoulder to the grindstone, either.

Found your blog through Sarah Louise. I'll come and look around some more!
Lisa said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said…
Awesome!!! So, when do I get to read it?
Anonymous said…
Excellent! Awesome! Fantastic! A+! I'm totally proud. You should be, too!
Mig said…
THAT IS WONDERFUL! I am so impressed and cannot wait to read it to my children.

Where can I get a copy? :-)
Amy said…
Just to be clear, I haven't posted the book and I won't be posting the book cause then you would all see how BAD it is!!!

Two copies have been published. One for LM (he hasn't read it yet) and one for my hope chest. Beyond that, you'll just have to use your imagination!!
jenny said…
WOW! Congratulations!

I'll admit, I always doubt the sanity of the NaNoWriMo people...but you totally pulled it off. And blogged too!

WooHoo!

P.S. LM can be your editor!
Anonymous said…
darn, i was looking forward to reading your masterpiece!

congrats anyway! what dedication. something i am truly lacking.
Katrina said…
Yahooo! Congrats on your literary achievement! I am elated by your victory! Now take a break...you've earned it! (Not a blogging break, though--I'm afraid I can't allow that.)
RosieBoo said…
Congrats on that great accomplishment....maybe one year I'll take a plunge into the Novel in a Month challenge....
Sarah Louise said…
Wait. You wrote it and now you're putting it to rest?

They should make January NaEdNoMo, as in National Edit Your Novel Month. I mean, it's your book, but...well, it is your book. It's just that all writing is re-writing...well, anyways, congratulations, because I sure never wrote 50,000 words on one thread in one month.

Popular Posts