For That Which I am Most Grateful - Part II

While I reflected the other day about the positive changes that have occurred in my life over the past year, I failed to mention a hidden blessing that has impacted my daily life. Every workday I look forward to the time I spend in blogland. I have my list of favorites, which has evolved and changed over the months, but there have been some blogs that have transcended just words on a page. I have truly enjoyed getting to know all of you out there in blogland. I have thought of many of you throughout my days, not just while I read. It has been a rewarding experience to get to know you and to interact with you through this medium. To you, I dedicate my gratitude today.

To Newlywifed: It was so fun to read snippets from the first year of your marriage. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the ups and downs, the joys and struggles in your eloquent and funny style. I am thankful that you chose to write them down and to allow all of us to peek in and see a piece of your life.

To UC: You are always a delight to read. We are perhaps, nothing at all alike and it is the different perspective that always makes me smile. You are funny and intelligent and beautiful and you truly have such a kind spirit. I’m glad to know you, UC.

Wendy, Photographer Extraordinaire: Your eye through the lens is tremendous and your ability to take it even further in Photoshop is an enviable skill. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. On a dull rainy day, I enjoy looking through all your flowers and birds and gardens. You have surrounded yourself with beauty, inside and out!

Notes: Katrina, my girl, we would be such friends if we lived closer, don’t you think? I am so grateful for your faith and your willingness to share it. Every thing you write comes through with a smile and a laugh. You are full of love and kindness and it comes shining through.

Texas: It won’t be long until there is a second little one in your house and the journey has been fun for all of us who read! You have such clever perspectives and insights on life and such an incredibly giving personality. I wish you, the Petite, Cutlet and the new pork chop all the best in the world!

Gorilla: Girl, you are hysterical! You are full of such funny stories and creative takes on life. You keep me from taking anything too seriously! I love how you tell a story and make it so much funnier by your wording and description. You truly have a talent for writing!

Bearca: First of all, if you said nothing at all on your blog and only posted photos of that adorable little one it would be enough. He is truly a beautiful child! I have enjoyed the tidbits of your life that you share with the world. I’m still waiting for that post that explains why your blog is called “Bearca”!!

Poka: My favorite post from 2005 (as many of you know) and the reason I got hooked on reading other blogs was your “294” post. This year, it was, by far, the “He Came Back” post. You are so sweet and so fun and so kind hearted, Poka. Thanks for sharing a bit of you with me.

Slush: What a year!! 2006 brought a son into this world for you and 2007 will bring him home. I cannot express how amazing it has been to travel parts of this journey with you. I am so excited for you and your family, and especially for the incredible life little Julio will have.

Ramblings: You epitomize for me what a young Colorado girl is like. Your love for the outdoors, for people, for family and friends shines through your writing. I love reading about your travels and your relationships, they all blend together on this road of life.

Out of Character: Holy smokes can you write! If I need a good hearty laugh, I know exactly which blog to read first! You are so incredibly gifted at humor! What a fun way to enjoy life!

Blunder: It’s all about the photos, dude. Amazing, amazing stuff. Each and every day I take a moment and just think, “wow.”

Behind the Stove: So many things about you are fascinating, but I especially love all the books you are involved with. From your quotes to your metaphors to what’s on your bedside table, you live and breathe books. Thanks for sharing some of that joy with us.

Jenny: Fellow Patriots fan – if ever I make it north, I hope you’ll meet me for lunch somewhere. You are a fun, clever, loving mom and wife and I relate in so many ways. You are not allowed to stop writing, I enjoy your blog far too much!

Pink: I have learned so much from you this past year. I have enjoyed your thoughts on your Bible studies and sermons, I enjoy the library notes you share with us and the inside librarians perspective. I have related well to struggles you have with some friendships, and truly enjoy the daily bits of you that you share with me.

Peter: GO RED SOX!! I do not follow any team with the vigor and dedication that you follow the BoSox, but I have truly enjoyed getting my daily does of Red Sox news from you each day. Thanks for keeping me informed!

Everywhere Man: You live the quintessential bachelor’s life, traveling around, meeting people, parties, events, sports. Being a single mom, it’s like a glimpse into “opposite world”. I enjoy the view so much, and enjoy reading about your perspective on it all!

Midwestern: When I was your age, I had been married for three years and was expecting my son. Reading about your life is like looking back at what mine might have been if I hadn’t gotten married right out of college. I wouldn’t go back and change my life, but I enjoy the perspective of yours. You are full of hope and joy, even when you are frustrated and cynical. You are a breath of fresh air.

Random: Funny, clever, witty, intelligent, creative. I could go on and on, but you would always say it better than I can.

Chaotic: You come across to me as such a sweet gentle faithful spirit. You are nurturing and devoted and it has been a real pleasure to get to know you.

Fish: In a poetry all your own, you take your readers from wherever they are and plant them firmly in your descriptions. Lost on the street of London, or walking the boys, or just out with friends, we are there in that moment, hanging on every metaphor, every scene as if we are seeing and feeling and living it on our own. You have a way with words, Fish.

Original (Jules): First of all, I cannot tell you enough how much I admire your efforts (and success!) with stopping smoking. You are strong, capable, smart, fun and generous. I’m glad you are back from your writing hiatus, I missed you while you were gone!

30something: You balance so much activity in your life and still manage to be creative in all parts of it. I don’t know how you do it! Thanks for putting your creativity out there for us to enjoy!

Far Side of the Ocean (Shell): I have just recently found you and have enjoyed each post. I look forward to getting to know you even better in ’07!

Oblivion: Down to earth, you remind me of myself in many ways (I hope you take that as a good thing!) I enjoy reading something so real, so perfectly simple that it’s so easy to relate to and enjoy.

Whoorl: Bits of bliss from everyday life, you take such simple events and make me smile and laugh and relate directly. You remind me of UC and Poka in a way, (do you all know each other?) you are all so much fun to read.

Butterfly: You are another recent addition to my daily reads but one I enjoy as much as the rest. Thanks for sharing with such honesty. I hope to get to know you better in ’07, too.

To all of you who blog, and for those who just read, thanks for making this such a fun and exciting community to be a part of. I’m so grateful for the friendships I have made here!

P.S. If you read here and have your own blog but aren't linked, let me know!! I'm always looking for great blogs!

Comments

SlushTurtle said…
I'm so happy I got to know you over the last year as well! Happy Thanksgiving to you and LM!!!
Emily said…
1. Thank you for the kind words. I feel like I know you and LM -- which, I know stands for Little Man, but somehow in my brain his name is ACTUALLY LM.

2. Lord. Have. Mercy. When on earth do you find the time to read all these blogs??!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Katrina said…
Awwww...you've got me all misty-eyed now! Before I started blogging, I would have scoffed at the idea that anyone could make actual, real friends on the internet. You are the first person I ever used the word "blog-friend" about, and if we ever lived near each other, I'm sure we would be getting together regularly for pastries and coffee and prowls through the local bookstore.

Thank you for your blog, and for filling it with so much wit and color and authenticity! I look forward to reading more. :)
Amy said…
UC, you don't know how many times I type "LM" in an email before I realize my family actually knows my son's name!! Lord.Have.Mercy!!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the shout out and thank you even more for all of the genuine and honest support and advice that you've given me. It's been a real treat getting to know you through the blogosphere! Happy Thanksgiving!
Newlywife said…
Wow...

Let's talk Pats! Let's talk LM! Let's talk jobs, and kids, and love and life...let's just talk.

You, and you alone, have lured me back! Sadly, now you will have to learn to deal with a stalker...

Have such a happy Thanksgiving, no one deserves more happiness than you.

And thanks for pulling me back in!
Wendy said…
Oh Amy. Thank you for your kind sweet words. I was so surprised to see this when I came here tonight. I guess sometimes I'm surprised that someone actually does truly like to see my pictures. So thank you - sincerely. I too am so happy to have found you on here. You're always a great read and our children are close in age, so I love to read what's going on with you and your LM (I say "Little Man" in my head when I read LM ... dunno why!)
Anonymous said…
you flatter me too much! (and who doesn't like flattery? i'll take it by the truckload, because the chillin's aren't exactly handing it out in spades.)

thank you for writing from the heart with such honesty, grace and truth. there are only a pinky full of blogs i truly think the world of. you happen to be etched on my pinky!

hope you enjoy your holiday!
I am having a nanowrimo melt down night and in my browsing saw your word count...

I am at 38,500... Woohoohoo!

Good luck to the finish
!!
Peter N said…
You are sooo sweet. Thank you for the good words. Your blog is a stop on MY daily "blog jog." An important stop. Healthy happy Thanksgiving. You made me smile!
Mig said…
You are so kind!

I love your parenting style and all the interesting things you write about.

Keep those posts coming &
Happy Thanksgiving!
jenny said…
Aw, Amy. I'm last to the party here but thank YOU - for the kind words and for sharing a bit of you with all of us.

If you ever make it north? No, WHEN you make it north. :)
You will be lucky if you can get rid of me after just one lunch.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Jules said…
Happy Thanksgiving, Amy!
Plantation said…
Cool post. The blogging community rocks. I'm proud of us all. Hope you had a nice T-Giving.
Lisa said…
Thanks so much! I've always enjoyed reading your blog as well. Here's to a great 2007!
Poka Bean said…
you're so stinkin' sweet! thanks for the kind words, i'm honored to be read by the one and only eliza jane. i'm catching up on some reading so does wishing you a retroactive happy thanksgiving count? hope it was great!
ramblin' girl said…
Thank you, Amy. Thanks for reading! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts