A Conversation with My Brother

Me: "So, LM was talking about how much he had enjoyed the guest pastor over the last couple of months at church. I asked him what, specifically, he liked about Dr. B. He said, "He makes the sermons to applicable to my life..."

G: (interrupting) "Did LM actually use the word 'applicable'?"

Me: "Um, yeah."

G: "I just recently figured out how to use the word 'applicable' correctly."

Me: "Well, if you thought that was impressive, the other day I was commenting to LM that now that I've won the "Mom of the Year Award" I can blow off the next 360 or so days until it comes around to nomination time again when I have to kiss up. LM told me that 'Mom of the Year' was a misnomer, that it was more accurately a 'Mom of the Moment' sort of award"

G: "misnomer? I have no idea what that even means. Man, I need a dictionary to keep up with my 10 year old nephew."

Comments

Katrina said…
Be warned--a huge vocabulary is a known side effect of voracious reading!

Popular Posts