24

During the times in my life when I was actively dating (which have been few and far between) it was fairly typical to hear of a guy through a friend, or to meet a guy online, or to meet someone while I was out that would raise my hopes and make my heart beat a little faster. But, as was always the case, in the end, whether it was after the first date, or after a few, it wasn't meant to be. It was during these times, when my heart sunk and my confidence dropped and I felt as though it was an uphill climb I wasn't sure I could make again, that I adapted my #1 rule of dating. The rule (for me) is that if things don't work out, I can sulk, cry, be pissed, angry or jealous for 24 hours. And then I have to pull my head out of my butt and move on. Because life goes on. And no guy was worth more than 24 hours of my sorrow. It didn't always work, there are a few in there who took me a lot longer to work through, but for the most part, it was a helpful reminder to me that it's okay to be upset, but I can't let it consume me for long. I have a child to raise. I have a career to pursue. I have a family that needs me. 24 hours and I move on.


As it turns out, the job in Michigan has been relocated to the company's office in Grand Rapids, instead of Kalamazoo. It would defeat my purpose of moving to be more than an hour from my sister and to be ineligible for the Kalamazoo Promise (which pays college tuition) so it's not in our interest to pursue it any further. I will continue to search for a job that will suit my interests and help us to reach our goal to relocate to Michigan. But for now, please forgive me while I take my 24 hour leave of absense and sulk just a bit.

Comments

Katy said…
That's a total bummer about the job. Have a good sulk and then keep looking. I'm sure that you'll find something when the time is right!
Wendy said…
Oh, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to hear this, but "everything happens for a reason" ... and well, perhaps it just means something much better is in store for you. So yes, take your 24 and have a good sulk. Have a bath, and candles and a nice soothing drink. But then, buck up and see what else is in store for you and LM.
Jennifer said…
So sorry to hear about the job situation! I know what it's like to have your hopes set on something that seems so perfect, but then it's not! Enjoy your 24 hour sulk and know that if it takes a little longer to move on, then that's fine too :)

Have a great week and hang in there!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that the job didn't work out. It's probably best that you aren't settling for the first job in MI that is interested. So take a little more time and find the perfect job in K'zoo! It's SO out there.
jenny said…
a good sulk was definitely in order.

at least Mr. Brady and Co. ended your weekend on a good note :)
Peter N said…
Sorry I haven't commented until now....Monday morning, but you will come out of this whole thing better! Smiling! Happy! Thumbs up! That's just how I feel. Optimist!? Oh yeah..that's the Peter you know.....catch the fever, and be happy.

Popular Posts