Update

1. Gabe was returned to the breeder by the family in Indiana. The breeder thought he was wonderful and the very next day a gentleman that works on her farm asked if he could give Gabe to his brother whose dog had recently passed away. It would seem that Gabe and this man's brother are both very very happy with each other. I pray that it will stay that way.

2. LM was in more trouble last week. I did the unthinkable and revoked his right to read. He got teary eyed last night and said, "I haven't read a book in TWO DAYS" so I'm hopeful that it's making the point it was supposed to be making. I don't know how else to make the point when I cannot be there (in his classroom) at the moment that he says something inappropriate.

3. We took the loft down. It had to come down anyway, before the house goes on the market, and not knowing when/if that might occur we decided to take it down and get the paint touched up, etc. LM wasn't too sure about the new arrangement, but this morning he thought it was pretty cool. Sure makes his room look bigger, that's for sure!

4. Friday night: awake at 4am to DN (Downstairs Neighbor) and her boyfriend being, shall we say, "intimate". Was up for about an hour. Saturday night, I was up from 3:30-5, when I finally moved to the living room (I only waited that long because it meant I had to move my alarm clock and reset it and all). Got to sleep at 5:30am on the sofa to be awaken at 6 by her son's alarm clock right beneath me. She didn't seem to hear it to shut it off. Moved back to bed (moving and resetting the alarm clock AGAIN) only to get 15 minutes of sleep before I had to be up for church.

5. Played handbells in church at both services. Might be my one and only time to play as the woman I was filling in for will be back now. All went well, I'm glad I had a chance to play again.

6. Woke up this morning to DN yelling for her son to get up. If her condo weren't connected to mine, I think I would just set fire to the place. In lieu of that option, I'm hosting a 4am party next weekend (when she has her kids, not her boyfriend). Anyone want to come stomp on the floor with me?

7. Pats lost. I lost my fantasy football match up (I'll still be in third place, but I'll be tied with at least one other, maybe two.)

8. Do you know how hard it is to find food that doesn't contain enriched flour or hydrogenated oil? Oh.My. Oh, and I bought salmon. Even though I have no idea how to cook it.

9. I'm 5,000 words behind my goal for NaNoWriMo. I guess I know what I'll be doing at work today.

10. I have about 3 more CD's to rip (I used the term "burn" this morning and LM told me that to burn means to MAKE the copy ONTO the CD, but to "rip" means to put the CD onto the computer. Good to know.) before I can make my GME07 contribution. I'm wondering why we all submit a whole mess of songs, for P2 to choose just one? Shouldn't I just sent the ONE song that represents my year (or that I listened to the most or something?) I know, don't be critical, it's not my gig!!

11. LM has pimples on his nose. He's only 10. I bought him face wash and pimple stuff and we talked through how to use them. I wish he hadn't inherited those genes.

10. Did I mention it's Monday?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really, there's no need to bother mentioning that today is Monday. I am sure that we are all painfully aware of that fact. What I wouldn't give to be back in bed right now.

Salmon. Delicious. Do you guys have Trader Joe's out there? If so, go an get a bottle of Very Teriyaki, made by Soy Vei. Let your salmon steaks hang out in it for about half an hour. Get your BBQ going at med-high heat and then grill it for about 5-6 min one side and 4-5 on the other -- you will be in heaven, I assure you.
Anonymous said…
Monday's bite, it's raining here to boot, double whammy. I am impressed that you took away reading from LM, you have to get them where it means the most, even if it is reading.

I'm free for the 4 AM stomp, just let me know where and when.
Katy said…
salmon also does well baked in the oven in a foil packet. or is that halibut? Well, fish does well baked in the oven in a foil packet.
Anonymous said…
I like salmon the best grilled (or in the oven). You have to put it on foil, though, unless you don't mind flakey bits of salmon being lost to the grills flames...
Anonymous said…
Geez girl! Your Monday has been harder than mind, seems like. I'm just dealing with strep - again! My oldest is back for round 2, after only 2 healthy, strep-free weeks!!! Guess we'll see if I can keep the other 2 kiddos from catching the cooties :) I'm praying hard because we leave town for an entire week of traveling and visiting with friends & family over the holiday.

Hope you have an awesome Tuesday - or at least better than your Monday :)

Popular Posts