C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity"

Two weeks ago I picked up C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" at the library after reading a short review of the book online. Today I am placing my order on Amazon.com to own this book. It is one I will not only read over and over, but one that I wish to share with anyone and everyone I know. It has not changed my faith in God, or my Christian beliefs (although it has challenged me in some areas for certain!) it has merely given me the verbage I have been lacking all of these years to explain WHY I believe what I believe in a way that goes beyond a "gut feeling" or "faith".

I encourage EVERYONE of any faith (or no faith at all) to read this book. I would be more than willing to send you my copy if you cannot get your hands on your own (the idea of sharing this book has absolutely excited me to no end, so please do not hesitate to ask for my copy!) Give it a read. Think about what Lewis says. See if it rings true to you. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. In either case I think you will walk away feeling more enlightened and educated.

If you have read it or do pick it up, please let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

Jules said…
Hey, Amy. I'd love to read your book, and I have another book that I'd like to swap with you. Mine is called World Religions and Cults. The book is written by two Christian men and is an AMAZING explanation of other religions. It's merely meant to educate and, believe me, it did. Send me an email, jules1896@gmail.com
jenny said…
ooh, this sounds like a good one...I'll have to pay my library fines and see if it's in...
Katrina said…
Yes, yes, yes! I had the same reaction upon reading Mere Christianity for the first time this past spring! What a gift to be able to so clearly articulate the reasoning at the foundation of solid faith. And because it comes from a former atheist, it fearlessly looks at all the most common stumbling blocks and arguments that prevent people from accepting Christianity.

I love it, and I heartily echo your recommendation!

Popular Posts