Thank Goodness I have Cats

I’ll admit it, I was more perturbed that Scout was behind the tv stand playing amongst the cords than I was curious as to why. It wasn’t until just now, when I woke up from my pre-bedtime, Friday night nap on the couch that I realized she and Jonah were tag-team bug chasing around the floor. Slouched down with noses to the floor, staring intently at something in between them, I decided to see what it was they were so interested in before I headed off to bed. AND THANK HOLY MOSES THAT I DID!!! Had I not stopped to see that they were staring (and licking and pushing with their noses) a little FROG, I might have stepped on that thing (squish) in the middle (squish) of the night (squish) and would have required years of medicated therapy (squish) for Post-Traumatic Squish Disorder(PTSD)!

Now, those of you who are paying attention (and taking notes - you stalkers know who you are), you’ll remember I live on the second floor in a condo, so my explanation as to HOW IN HOLY MOSES that little frog came to find himself on my living room floor is a bit mysterious. I mean, I did move a big, happy plant inside from the deck earlier tonight so I have to think the little guy traveled in style in tropical paradise, but how he came to live in a plant that’s on a second-story deck in the first place, I will never know. I did return him to the deck where he will either be reunited with other little deck frogs, or will meet an untimely death when he hops off the edge.

All I can say is that I hope (squish) he didn’t bring along (squish) 27 of his friends and relatives (squish). At least I have Thing One and Thing Two on guard to protect me (squish).

Comments

Peter N said…
That frog is a relative of George Steinbrenner. I know it!
Jules said…
Oh, I laughed SO hard reading this! I've had "second-story frogs" myself. Surprisingly, they do survive when they jump off to the ground. Strange little creatures.
Katrina said…
Ick...the thought of stepping on what remains of the frog/plaything in your bare feet... *shudders*

When I was a poor college student living in an all-girls slum house behind the campus, we had some sort of weird cricket influx. Dozens of black crickets somehow found their way in through the shoddy insulation and cracks around the doors and windows, then died in the night all over our floor. I will never forget the little "pop" they made when I accidentally stepped on one. (Would that be PTPD?)
shayze said…
I have had the experience of stepping on a frog outside in bare feet and it is not pleasant. It's quite a disgusting feeling, not to mention that I felt guilty that I had just killed the little thing!

Popular Posts