Waiting for a Move

I left work with a dozen real estate listings and coordinated mappings to lead me from one house to the next. The eighth one had looked especially promising and after 7 complete let-downs I decided to call it quits after seeing the one I had specially marked. It was cute with a little yard, a covered porch in the back and a beautiful wooden door with beveled glass on the front. Cute. Very “Amy”ish. But the neighborhood isn’t particularly grand, and the town I wasn’t much impressed with (towns never seem to impress me, especially the bigger they get) and the yard wasn’t all that big and certainly wasn’t fenced or anything and the commute would be horrendous and the cost would be a stretch.

I stopped and got gas ($2.39/gallon) and drove nearly an hour back home in the fading light and wondered what I might eat when I arrived home (frozen pizza) and what I might watch on the tele (shows I had previously taped) and what it is I’m supposed to do with my life (Lord only knows). I want to move. I want to take the next step in my life but I can't seem to get the pieces to line up.

I’m feeling quite melancholy and as though my life is stuck in some sort of a rut so I’m going to take my down throw blanket and head to bed (where I’ve left the windows partially open so it’ll be great room to sleep in) and the kitties will snuggle right up and we’ll fall asleep wishing for puppies and a lawn mower and a house on an acre and all sorts of things that I don’t have the means for.


*When I published this post and it came up to view, I had mis-typed the title. It somehow seems prophetic that I typed, "Wait for a Move".

Comments

shayze said…
I'm starting to see more and more that life works out exactly as it's supposed to. You will find that perfect house someday, hopefully soon
Smiles said…
Sometimes we all feel this way about life. We feel stuck or in a rut as you wrote. If you find a way to get out of it let me know.
Anonymous said…
i thing the "wait for a move" is the answer you are looking for the moment. the right place will happen at the right time. sometimes just not in the time span we are wanting....
Wendy said…
My mom has always said to me "you are exactly where you're supposed to be". Things will change when they're supposed to.

Popular Posts