Barking Up The Wrong Tree

A long, long time ago..I can still remember, how that music used to make me smile.. oh wait, sorry. (Aren't you glad you have that stuck in your head now?) Awhile back I remember chatting with this guy online. Not so much in the “let’s hook up later” sort of a chatting way, just a hey, you have a mastiff and I have a mastiff and isn’t that cool, kind of a way. But he was cute, and had FOUR mastiffs and we chatted off and on for a couple of months or so. He definitely seemed interested, and the conversation wasn’t always just about the dogs, but neither of us really ever took the next step to meet or anything. I don’t recall being THAT interested. But I might have met him had he asked. Honestly, I think I would have enjoyed just meeting his dogs!

Anyways, wouldn’t ya know it, on the cover of the local paper today is this guy’s picture with two of his mastiffs. They won the Philly dog show for best in breed. I wouldn’t forget a cute face (the mastiff’s) nor this guy, I’m certain.

And interestingly enough right next to him in the photo is his WIFE. Hmm…certainly don’t ever remember having heard the word “wife” anywhere in conversation. Hmm…

I’m so suddenly glad that I never asked to meet this guy or his cool dogs, even if I could say, ‘Ahh, I knew Wyatt the Mastiff when…”

Comments

Popular Posts