Marketing Pacino

I turned on the tele around 9 tonight, didn’t find much on. Looked through the guide and saw that “Scarface” with Al Pacino was on. Never saw it, now seemed as good of a time as any.

I’m used to watching shows that are outside of my demographic. I’m a single, 34 year old female with a child. Yet I never (NEVER) turn on Lifetime, H&G channel or Bravo. (except for the occasional “Actors Studio”) I’m an ESPN girl. If it’s not sports, it’s not on my tv. This year I watched Lost and Survivor but neither are normally my shows. About the only “family” show I watch is the Amazing Race.

All that is to say that I’m used to watching commercials that don’t interest me at all. They aren’t geared towards women, or mothers. But watching Scarface is more interesting for the commercials that they are showing. I’m clearly very very VERY far from the normal demographic for this movie. The commercials have been as follows: “Wolf Creek”, Sleep Number Bed, “The Ringer”, WWF, James Bond movies, Xbox, Jack Daniels, Diamonds, Axe Body Spray, Gillette razors, Sprint/Nextel, ATV’s/Dirt Bikes, Grand Theft Auto, Campbell’s Chunky Soup, Tanqueray, “Serenity”, and Victoria’s Secret.

How interesting it must be to be a man. Seriously. Violence, horror, alcohol, sex appeal, manly toys, video games full of violence and soup?

Don't get me wrong, I'll take some of that over diaper and tampon ads anyday. At least the soup and diamonds anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts