Still Waiting

To everyone out there who are saying prayers, crossing fingers, making a wish, and whatnot on my behalf, don’t think I’ve been leaving you hanging on purpose. The gist is this: I interviewed for a new job the Friday before Thanksgiving week. They told me a dozen times how impressed they were with me and my resume. They introduced me to all the head honchos. They had two more interviews and they’d be deciding.

Then I didn’t hear anything.

Last week after an email on my part, they said they had their last interview that day and would be in contact. The next day they sent me an email asking me (if I was still interested) to send 3 references to them. I sent 4 about 2 hours later.

Yesterday they called one reference. Today they spoke with another.

I know companies are busy, but do they not look at it from the other point of view? I have other resumes out there, I don’t know what to say to other offers right now, because this is the one I’m really interested in. And I REALLY REALLY HATE my current job and would like to give notice before I have to start the New Year in the same crappy job.

Anyways, a HUGE thanks to everyone out there thinking about me and the situation. Everything looks good and promising, but I have nothing solid yet to go on. I WILL let you know whenever I know. I promise. In the meantime, I won’t hold it against you to uncross those fingers, they’ve probably gone numb long ago.

Comments

Popular Posts