Synopsis

Day at work: three days left and counting. Boss is in complete denial or doesn’t seem to think I actually do anything as she doesn’t think she needs to ask me anything before I go. All this translates into: Amy did absolutely nothing all day at work. LOVE THIS JOB (insert high levels of sarcasm here).

Haircut after work: I went in because I’ve paid no attention to my highlights and just let them grow out and they look wretched, so I thought I’d get that taken care of now that it’s the end of December and all. The stylist was holding up the swatches to match my regular color and she says, “We’ll go with this warm brown…” I say, “um, I’m a redhead.” She says, “a redhead? Really?” wow, 34 years with this hair, you’d think I’d have the color down by now. Needless to say, I’m a little more of a brunette now than I’ve ever been.

Evening after work: I was so busy losing the appeal of being a redhead in favor of being a brunette that I missed the cable guy for our third date. Really think this guy has a thing for me. Oh no, wait, it’s just that they can’t get my DVR to work. He was supposed to bring a whole new unit tonight but I missed his visit, so they will have to come back on Thursday. Hope he’s not disappointed that I’m not a redhead anymore.

So that’s really that.

Comments

Popular Posts