Quack

I’m a lame duck. Not a news flash to many of you, but with only today and a half day tomorrow left at my icky job, I’m little more than a lame duck. I sat and watched (happily mind you) as someone else in the office did my usual things (they were not nearly so happy about it). I cleaned off the walls of my cubicle. I stared at an email merge while it processed 500 emails. We went to our “holiday lunch” at 1. Talked about this woman’s son who has size 18 shoes. No one went back to the office afterwards. I made a quick stop at the comic book store (I hope to retire on the collective worth of these blasted things when I’m old. I’m paying $3 apiece now, I figure they’ll be worth about $1 then but by the sheer volume, we should have a million easily).

Cable guy came tonight. Only it was a different cable guy so I didn’t get to see his shock and disappointment when he found me to be a brunette. We now have a functioning DVR but doesn’t it figure there’s NOTHING on the tv tonight that I even want to watch more or less save for another day.

The highlight of my day tomorrow (other than of course jumping for joy at never driving over an hour to work again) is that I will finally be able to wrap several of the gifts I have and to put them all under the tree!!! I can’t wait!!

At least football will be back on in the next day or so with the 100 bowl games that will occur over the next 2 weeks. Just to forewarn you in case you don’t already see this coming, I’m no fun at all to be around after the SuperBowl is over. I start watching golf and Nascar is on in late February, but I have to go through football withdrawal and it isn’t pretty. Not. Pretty. At. All.

Comments

Popular Posts