Wednesday

Thus far, my adventures as a brown-haired girl haven’t been all that exciting. Today I was put in charge of babysitting the folding machine at work while it stuffed a mailing. Tomorrow we have two meetings and then our “holiday/goodbye lunch”. Won’t that be fun?

My dad’s Christmas package hasn’t arrived. He mailed it on December 8th from Tennessee. It should have been here by the 12th. I called and told him. He shipped through the post office, no tracking, no confirmation and no insurance. Well, that makes this so fun, doesn’t it?!

The most exciting part of my day has to be that a chamber member asked if anyone we knew would be interested in a couple of sofas. My home is so nice. I have great furniture, beautiful end tables, coffee table, etc. because my dad and brother in law have made them all for me. My couches, on the other hand, were the ones we bought when we got married (13 years ago). They have been slip covered many times which drive me absolutely insane!! Hopefully tomorrow I will get to go look at these couches. Another member was giving away a leather sectional with two reclining sections and a pull out bed. Only a year and a half old. Would have LOVED that but I can’t transport it, nor can I get it up my stairs. I’m not all that certain that drool + leather would have been a good idea (not mine, you knuckleheads, the dog’s!!) Maybe these others will be a good thing. We’ll see.

As for tonight, we have huge plans!! Let’s see, first off, we have to get the mountain of recycling out the door. They pick it up on Thursdays, usually around 3 and we always have a full bin, but last week they came before 7am and we missed them entirely so this week we have a mountain of it and I can’t wait for it to be gone! Other than that, I brought home garden veggie soup and crusty French bread from Panera’s (these are my last couple of days working right across the street from the heavenly place!) so we’ll certainly enjoy that. Don’t you envy us our great Wednesday night plans?! I thought so!

For those who will be headed out in the next couple of days to travel for the holiday, be safe, well and happy! Enjoy your journey and the people you see! If you’re going someplace warm, enjoy. If you’re going someplace miserable and cold, feel free to send me a postcard. It will make me glad to be home!!

Comments

Popular Posts