H.A.L.T.

Each evening, LM and I do “H.A.L.T” over dinner. We discuss our High’s, Lows And Thanks (I know, that's really HLAT- work with me here) we even throw in something we’re proud of that day. LM is already gone to Pittsburgh for the holiday, so tonight, you’ll have to listen to my HALT.

Low: (we always get lows out of the way first) My low was having my ex show up way earlier than I was expecting to take Jacob to Pittsburgh. I wanted a few hours with LM to just enjoy being done with my job, and getting ready for our Christmas next Wednesday.

High: Leaving my job. Being done. I feel so good about my decision to leave. The chairman of our board never ONCE said a word to me personally or even in email about me leaving. I’m glad to move on.

Thanks: I am thankful for my sister’s sense of humor. Tonight, on the phone with her, she actually said, “hold on a second” and put the phone down so she could blow dry her hair for two minutes. When she got back on the phone, to the sounds of my uproarious laughter, she said, “I know this will be in your blog later!” She doesn’t read my blog (yet) but it was heartwarming to me to see her take it all with humor!! I love my sis!!

Something I am proud of: I am very proud of myself for laughing WITH and not AT my ex husband when I saw his “Support Our Troops: BoyScouts” bumper sticker on the car he just bought. The sticker belongs to the previous owner, but I just couldn’t believe J hadn’t taken it off first thing. He saw the irony and thought it was kinda funny, too. It was actually WAY FREAKING FUNNY but I showed restraint. Sorta. (If you don’t get the irony, realize my ex husband is gay and the BoyScouts are one of the most vocal organizations about their opposition to homosexuality.) See? Isn’t it kinda funny? I’m telling ya, ya gotta find the humor in the situation.

If you’re feeling up to the challenge, tell me your H.A.L.T. Better yet, if you can find a better acronym to represent highs, lows, thanks and something to be proud of, I’d love to hear it! (Some families call it thorns and roses, for example).

Comments

Popular Posts