My Sister Said...

...I should just chuck this calla and start over. But LM gave it to me for Christmas (he ordered it from Smith and Hawken, the delivery was a nightmare (I had to meet the FedEx guy in the next town up late one night because it had to be signed for and couldn't be left at the door...) and it was in BAD shape when we finally got it home (although I wasn't allowed to actually SEE it, I had to wait until Christmas morning). I have done my best to keep it alive (put it in special soil, ensured it had good drainage, gave it lots of sunlight) but all the leaves except one recently died off. I moved it out to the deck to get all the sunshine it can and still be protected from the wind and rain.

The one last leaf looked to be alive so I tried to be optimistic.

Then last week I noticed one little green shoot coming up.



Then a couple days ago, I noticed another one.


And last night I noticed a fourth.
I wouldn't want to proclaim it resurrected just yet, but suffice it to say, LM is much happier with me now than he was before.

Perhaps this is why my sister has absolutely NO plants in her house and I have, well, I have a lot.

Grow Calla Grow!!

Comments

Emily said…
it's funny - I always feel so accomplished when I can make a plant grow -- because, clearly, it's all my doing :)
Mig said…
Awwwwwww, I am so glad that the little fella is going to make it.

Here's to having a GREEN thumb.
Jules said…
Uh... psssstt! What's a calla?
~**Dawn**~ said…
you remind me of my Gram. she could coax the life back into anything that was supposed to be green. =)
Anonymous said…
yeah! you have magical powers or just maybe, a green thumb.
Anonymous said…
I'd still pitch it. . .it's the cirle of life. . things die! And for the record I have two plants, one very much alive and one very much dead! Love ya! Jules

Popular Posts