The Last KICK'N

Last night was the last night for Kid In Charge of the Kitchen Night (KICK'N). Jacob is supposed to cook dinner once a week, but it probably only happens once or twice a month (often times I just let him off the hook so he can go play, sometimes homework just runs too late). I'll give him the summer off since he'll be off to grandparent's homes and summer camp and whatnot.

Last night's menu:

Hamburger Casserole
Corn on the Cob
Fruit Salad

Recipe for Hamburger Casserole:

1-2 pounds cooked lean ground beef
2/3 can stewed Italian style tomatoes, drained
mushrooms
green pepper
2 cups 2% mozzerella cheese
sprinkle parmesean cheese


Layer ground beef, tomatoes and vegetables in bottom of glass baking dish (a pie plate also works well). Cover with cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is slightly golden. Serves 4 (or two with leftovers for lunches!)


Yes, we ate at the coffee table. We were in the middle of a heated Yahtzee! tournament and wanted to eat and play.

Suffice it to say, the meal was DELISH!, the cook was praised, the tourny was a success and another fun Monday night was had at the EJ household! Boy, am I going to miss this kid this summer!

Comments

Emily said…
Props to you for teaching LM to cook. He's going to be one catch of a man in about ten years :)
Mig said…
That looks YUMMYYYYYY!

Next time, can I be invited? Cooking is just not my favorite thing.

Heh.
jenny said…
I LOVE this whole KICK'N thing. What a mom you are.

That fruit salad looks delish!
Jules said…
You're such a role model. I aspire to be more of a mom like you.
Hillary said…
What a fantastic idea! Yay you!
Lisa said…
Um, could you teach me over here? I'm so impressed...!

Popular Posts