Don't Look Back

I was out for dinner with LM this past weekend and wanted to take a photo (I'll post about this later) but didn't have my digital camera on me. I pulled out my cell phone and snapped a shot and realized there were 57 photos on my camera but I had no idea what they were of.

I took a few minutes today to sort through them, 45 of them were just blank shots taken by my pocketbook as I walked to and from the car or whatnot (it does this quite often, I hear the beeping). But there were a few I was unprepared to see.




On our trip to Indiana last summer.

One very tearful boy, one remarkably sad mastiff.

Sleeping with his head as far in between our two car seats as he could muster, his body wrapped around the backseat (as he always did, trying to fit comfortably), his front paws straddling the console in the back, having no idea what was in store for him that day, just knowing that something didn't feel right (he wouldn't get out of the car when we stopped for gas or a dog walk.)

Our last goodbye.

They are cell phone pics, so they are miserable and grainy, but truth be told, they reflect our miserable and grainy emotions of that day. I miss him so.


Comments

Jen said…
I've come to the realization that I am not a pet person. But, despite that and the fact that our chocolate lab is huge, slobbery, and overly friendly, I love him. And I would miss him if he was gone, too. Thanks for sharing, Amy.
Jules said…
I'm so sorry. I know you loved him, though. And I know you did what had to be done for his best interests...
jenny said…
it never ceases to amaze me how they pick up on our feelings, how they know when something is just 'off' somehow.
Mig said…
Awwwww that is just so sad.

Let's think about how happy he is now ... and how he's in a place where he has lots of room to run free.

:-)

Popular Posts