The Job

It makes me laugh that so many of you have seemed to politely notice the incongruency with me working at a health club!! It's a community center and health club, I'm sure you have one not far from where you live. I will be managing the front desk (hiring, firing, training all 25 or so desk staff), providing reports and analysis on membership, etc. The management position is social, analytical, creative, multi-faceted and best of all, BUSY!! Yes, I get a membership with the position which basically means I'm going to have to get off my duff and get on the treadmill!! LM is pretty excited that if I need to go in on the weekends, he could go swimming while I'm there!

It feels like a good fit. The interview process was really awesome and relaxed. More conversational that interrogational. They have a policy to call family members as part of your references and my dad gave such a glowing reference that my employer said he "closed the deal'. Thanks, Dad!! (It's not bribery if you send him a thank-you plant afterwards, is it?)

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm looking forward to the change. I'm not sure how the dog will adapt since LM is gone for a month or so and won't be home early to let him out. We'll just have to work through it.

Comments

Mig said…
Alright, I'm officially JEALOUS!

Going from a boring desk job to a day of interacting with people.

(I'm glossing over the whole having to hire and fire staff thing)

Excellent!
Jules said…
That's so great. I'm really excited for you!

And don't worry about Eli. If he's not a puppy anymore, and crate-trained, he should be able to hold it.
Jennifer said…
1) It's only bribery if you do it BEFORE he gives you the recommendation. Afterward, it's just a nice thing to do :)

2) Kennel the poor guy until he adjusts; it will save your carpet and your nerves!
Amy said…
We've had Eli for three or four months now. We tried crate training with him for the first month, but he has such anxiety issues that it was more detrimental to him, so we now leave him out. He does okay (doesn't chew, doesn't pee) he just is anxious when we leave and will sometimes cry and scratch the door. I just don't want him to be more anxious because it's a longer day for him. That's all.
jenny said…
a hollow toy (like a Kong) filled with peanut butter or something...it does wonders. takes the edge off, so to speak.

i used to work at a community center/fitness place - there's even a village people song about it...may you enjoy many years of gainful, busy employment there.
Sarah Louise said…
Woo hoo! I miss a few days and everything has changed. Good for you.
Oh I am pleased as punch for you. It sounds very very good.

oh, I feel like singing or something, this is GREAT news!!

Popular Posts