Signs

"Mom? You know how Grandma Jenny's favorite bird was the cardinal, and now that she's in heaven, whenever we see a cardinal we think of Grandma Jenny?"

"Yes..."

"Well, what do you think Scout's favorite animal was?"

"LM, I think Scout loved birds as much as your Grandma Jenny did."

"Mom? Do you think Scout had a favorite bird?"

"I think Scout's only preference in birds was the bigger the better!"

"So if we see an ostrich on the balcony, we should take that as a sign of Scout?"

"LM, if we see an ostrich on the balcony, we should take that as a sign from God himself!!"

Comments

Mig said…
Ok so I'm not going to hope you see an ostrich ... but I will hope you see a cardinal.

I believe in signs, they give hope that there is a world beyond this one.

:-)
~**Dawn**~ said…
i think signs & reminders of loved ones are so special, but the idea of the ostrich on your balcony totally made me LOL! =)
Shelly Hanson said…
That's one deep thinkin' boy you've got there. What a cutie.
Lisa said…
"An Ostrich on the Balcony" - I can see this as a title to a great children's book. Or a band. You never know.

Sorry about Scout. I have two kitties and know what heartbreak that this has been for you guys.

Popular Posts