Thou Shalt Not Covet

Once a week I read the classified ads in Michigan (and now some in Tennessee and even locally here in PA, too, just cause). When I'm done searching for a job that will relocate me to MI, I tend to wander off to realtor.com and look over the housing options that are within my price range in Michigan (since literally NONE are here in PA).

I don't know if the current owner knows it just yet, but this is MY house. It looks like my house, it is described like my house, it has all the amenities I want in a house...it's MY HOUSE. I just don't have a job to get me there so I can buy it.

Three bedrooms, THREE bathrooms, two car (two story, even) heated garage, fireplace, arched doorways, three season room, fenced back yard, basement rec room (with bathroom). Sigh. I could move in today. Look at all the windows, and the curved front door. I can even look past all the snow and say this is the most gorgeous, perfect sized house I have laid eyes on.

Sigh.

Someone hurry up and tell me something dreadfully wrong with this place so I won't want it anymore.

Comments

~**Dawn**~ said…
oooo... it looks like a postcard.

ok. that probably didn't help.
Anonymous said…
you had me at heated garage
jenny said…
oooh, look at all those windows, and that dormer....and entryway...and a birch tree, my favorite.

yeah, sorry no help here either :)
Anonymous said…
That house IS adorable. And I like that it's in MI! :)

But, um, it does look awfully snowy? (okay, that was a poor help in convincing you otherwise.)
Sarah Louise said…
Well, there's that birch tree blocking the one window...I don't know about you, but that would really bug me...

(does that help?)
Anonymous said…
how about the price? anything with 3 bathrooms has to cost an arm and a leg.
Amy said…
SL -

Yeah, that birch tree...it's really an eyesore, isn't it?? Thanks, that helped (or I'll try to think it did!!) LOL

GB -

Asking price is $15K more than my current mortgage on my condo. Yeah, see why Michigan ain't so bad?
Shelly Hanson said…
How about,... You can't see the ocean from that lot? Does that do it for you?
Jennifer said…
Ok, so it sounds lovely, but remember....you have to actually clean it! And, the thought of a heated garage made me laugh. Remember...I'm from Texas so we have almost no need for heat here. Now an A/C would be a different story :)
Jennifer said…
Hmmm....let me try getting my thoughts out again....you have to actually clean it - meaning you have 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (think about it, 3 BATHROOMS!), and all of the other rooms that would take so much time and energy to clean....did that help change your mind?!?!?
Sarah Louise said…
oh yeah, all that cleaning would definately clinch the deal for me to NOT BUY A HOUSE. I hate cleaning!!

When I was a girl and we drove by nice houses my mother would say, "I wouldn't want to clean it."
Jen said…
I would rather clean 3 bathrooms used by 2 people than 2 bathrooms used by 4 people. (Especially when 2 of those 4 are little boys!) :)
Lisa said…
Oh! Curvy front door! I'm a sucker for curvy front doors!
Katrina said…
Ummm...a house that big would probably take a really long time to dust. And vacuum. And....aww, who am I kidding? It's gorgeous!
~ej said…
way too many windows and baths to keep clean...and those trees, lots of leaves to rake...
this is a seriously pretty house (sorry).

Popular Posts