According to George

"Hey, George? In your ant farm, do you ever see little parts of ants in any of the tunnels? Like a leg here, a head there? LM seems to have ant parts in his some of his tunnels."

"No, Aunt Fred. I don't have any ant parts."

"Hmm...I wonder what's wrong with LM's ants..."

"I think it's maybe that the ants are making their tunnels to small, OR, that the ant parts aren't sticking together like they should."

(I wonder if you can use Gorilla Glue to keep an ant's legs attached.)

"George? How many tunnels have your ants made?"

"Let me count. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6....7....8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13..."

"Wow, George! That's a lot of tunnels!"

"...14, 15, 16...17, 18...19...20, 21, 22, no, 21. No, 22. Wait."

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13...14, 15, 16, 17...18, 19, 20, 21. Twenty-one."

"No, 22. No, 21."

(Julie thought he was counting how many ants there were in his farm. She laughed when she found out he was counting the tunnels. "Does one tunnel keep disappearing?")

Oh, George, you are so good for my soul.

Comments

~**Dawn**~ said…
::shiver:: i could never have an ant farm.
jenny said…
I almost got the boy an ant farm.

Until I was reading a catalog that sells all kinds of bug related stuff and they are crazily specific on how the ants are not kept at the same facility and to be sure that you keep your container totally sealed and how they are not responsible for ant related mishaps.

We opted for a guinea pig.
Katrina said…
"The ant parts aren't sticking together like they should." Heehee! So CUTE!

Popular Posts