Um...

Office Manager comes over to my desk today. Talks with me about a template I was working on for her. Then hands me a box and asks me if I'd like this Pocket PC. It has a camera, color display, blahdayada... she doesn't use it (it's still in the box). The company bought it for her, but since she isn't going to use it, she thought maybe I would like to.

She can tell I'm hesitant. She leaves it with me and says to think about it.

Kinda hard to accept a freebie of such value from the company when you're sending out resumes over your lunch hour, huh?

(Don't worry, I'm not keeping it. I'm just going to let it sit on my desk for the afternoon.)

Comments

~**Dawn**~ said…
maybe they are secretly aware of this & they are trying to bribe you to stay? =P
Newlywife said…
Okay, I am going to tell you something: KEEP THE POCKET PC. It was offered to you, use it while you are still there, and then give it back when you leave.

Why exactly wouldn't you keep it? You work for this company, and this is clearly a perk. No strings seem to be attached.

If you are doing it because you feel guilty for taking something from the company as you are planning your exit...I AM GOING TO COME OVER THERE AND HIT YOU ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD!

If they were going to lay you off, and knew two weeks before they told you, do you think the company would feel bad about continuing to make you drive there every day and work?

TAKE THE PC!
Mig said…
I'm with Newly,

KEEP IT!!! Espeically if you can use it.

Worse case, if you find a new job quickly, then give it back.

Otherwise ...
Amy said…
Oh heavens, I can't keep it. I already gave it back just saying I didn't think I would use it. I already feel guilty enough for the fact that these people pay me to do NOTHING most of the time.

P.S. the interview I was supposed to have was postphoned and then never materialized. I don't know what's up with that. But, I sent out a couple more resumes yesterday and one already responded asking for an interview next week. Apparently only Michiganders don't want to talk to me!!

Popular Posts