In the Nick of Time

I know better than to count my eggs as chickens, but...

I had applied to a marketing position with a local non-profit (which, amongst other things, does foster care) last week. I received an email requesting a phone interview, but within the email she implied that the position was part-time. Upon further clarification, it was confirmed that this position was in fact only part-time and I was forced to withdrawal my application (the ad specifically mentioned paid time off and 401K benefits, so this was a surprise to me that it wasn't full-time).

Today, I received an email from the company stating that they had further discussed the position and have agreed to make it full-time. Would I be interested in a phone interview considering the change?

And did the angels sing GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST?! Did the heavens rejoice?!?! Were the skies opened and the sun....

well, okay, I simply replied with an "absolutely" and we'll see where this goes (which potentially could be to a full-time position that I would thoroughly enjoy but only pay me half of my current salary) but nonetheless, this news came at exactly the time I needed to hear it most.

(forgive me if I make a run to the ladies' room to do a little private happy dance.)

Comments

Jules said…
Half the pay? Ouch. However, sometimes it's worth it, if it makes you happy. I'm glad that you're excited about this. I hope you get exactly what you want out of it.
Newlywife said…
Dance your buns off in the bathroom! You deserve it!

Everything will work out...I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

YAY!
RosieBoo said…
Congrats!! I have taken huge cuts in pay from my past, but God has been faithful and I'm now back up to where I was 6 years ago.
Anonymous said…
Ooooh, goodie! It is so nice to have just a little nibble, at the very least.

It feels like we've both been looking for jobs FOREVER, hasn't it?

I think we'll land new jobs at practically the same time.
Sarah Louise said…
my fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed for you. Good luck!!
jenny said…
talk about perfect timing!

I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Popular Posts