Contents

I promised I would do this (although I'm a day late, sorry Jules). Katrina and Jules already showed the world what they carry around every day and now here's my big revelation. Not nearly as exciting as theirs, I promise you.

Without further adieu, here are the contents of my "pocketbook" as I've learned to call it out here on the East Coast...
My pocketbook. Critical features? Small, over-the-shoulder style, black. Two small pockets on the inside. One zippered that holds a spare house and car key and one not-zippered that currently holds nothing at all. Thing I don't like about it? It's not heavy enough to actually STAY on my shoulder. Or maybe my right shoulder is as defective as my left.

First of all note the blurriness. My camera seems to have issues focusing with the flash. Ugh.
The contents. No particular order, just everything shoved in.

Cell phone, small wallet, glasses, chapstick (that's as much makeup as you're ever going to see me toting around. Whatever I put on in five minutes or less in the morning is it for the day - perhaps reason #54 why I'm still single...), keys, pen, hair band, receipts for things I might want to return yet, bookmark and the long zippered pouch holds my money. Well, some of it. Let me explain.

The long zippered pouch (given to me for no apparent reason from a co-worker) holds my spending money. I get paid once a month, so at the start of the month, I divide my grocery (gas, and "extra") money into four groups (with paperclips). The green paperclip is the money for the week I'm currently in. Right now, a week before payday, I have $30 in this wallet and that's IT. Of course, the fridge is pretty full and the gas tank is half full, so we can get through the week just fine right now.

The little black wallet holds all kinds of things. Insurance cards, library card, SS card, Debit card, etc. In the top zippered part, I keep all the single dollar bills I receive in change. This money (along with some fives and tens I sometimes throw in) goes into a box for spending money on our vacation. There's also a little side zipper part where I keep change. I NEVER give a clerk change. If the total is $3.17, I give $4. All the change I receive goes into a mason jar that goes back to church to give to the missionary families so they can buy Christmas presents. It's May and our jar is already half full.

Last but not least, and again, blurry with no explanation, are my pictures of my boy. He is six in the picture on the left and nine in the picture on the right and I know that puts me two years behind, but hey! At least I have a photo of my kid on me! These were both taken on my dad's boat in Tennessee. Too bad the kid doesn't enjoy being captain, huh?

So, there you have it. Exciting, huh?

Now, for some Red Sox baseball.

(But first, to write a thank you for the interview I had yesterday. No great news there, but I'll keep you posted, of course.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for posting this!! It got me looking in my purse to see what I had in mine. In doing that, I found my Bluetooth headset which I was certain I had lost! So, thanks! You just saved me $60! :)
Mig said…
Oh I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I am so going to steal this idea and check out Jules.

BYE! :-)
Jules said…
That rocks. I love that you have pictures of LM. I actually found my old picture holder a few days ago, and am now toting it everywhere. I've got outdated pics, too... haha. I'm so glad you did this! It really does offer a certain perspective of yourself that you just can't get anywhere else.
Katrina said…
Oh, I enjoyed that immensely! And I love your paper clip system for money! If we ever decide to trust ourselves with cash again, that sounds like a good system! :D
Jen said…
I'm totally with you on the make-up thing.
Sarah Louise said…
You brave woman. I'm currently on the "between two purses" plan, as I went to a wedding on Saturday. Also, the paperclips for cash sounds like a good idea. I spent seven years getting paid every Friday and so even though now I get paid every two, I'm still VERY undisciplined.

Happy Memorial Day!
Anonymous said…
Great post I enjoyed reading it!I love your blog by the way.
Peter N said…
**BEEP BEEP.. Off-topic warning..Beep Beep.** Hi Amy. I haven't been here in so long. I guess I have some catching up to do. I hope this finds you well, and I wanted to thank you for your yesterday blog comment. And yes, the Sox are exceeding not only my expectations but also my imagination! And I have quite the imagination.
Stay well and have a wonderful summer. Thank you for thinking of me. Your blog friend Peter N.

Popular Posts