Looking Busy

The New Job rocks! It really does. And I love the paycheck (even if I only get paid once a month). It’s just really slow at the moment. There was previously one person who did this job before and they hired me to help her because she was too busy. Apparently right at the moment, she isn’t busy at all, which means I’ve made a new profession out of twiddling my thumbs. Literally.

I’m trying to be patient, I know it takes time, and I’ve only been here a month. But in those four weeks, I’ve done all the things I can think of to do-at-work-when-you’re-supposed-to-be-working-but-have-no-actual-work-to-do. Thus far, I’ve:

1. Researched all new doctors since ours were closer to my old office which is now an hour away.
2. Made eye doc appointments for both of us.
3. Made dentist appointments for both of us
a. Jacob’s dentist being closer to his school and home
b. My dentist being right next door to the new office
4. Made annual doc visit appointment for me
5. Made a dermatologist appointment for LM
6. Made an ortho appointment (initial consult) for LM after much struggle to try to understand why orthodontists will only schedule consultations between the hours of 9am and 3pm. Aren’t most of their patients school-aged children?!
7. Wrote and sent letters to our former physicians to get our files transferred to the new ones.
8. Researched on the internet causes for my foot numbness when I work out.
9. Researched sneakers.
10. Balanced my checkbook each week.
11. Created a draft of a new budget, subject to change upon receipt of actual paycheck.
12. Researched tax prep options and decided to do it myself this year with the help of TurboTax.
13. Wrote letters to my grandmother
14. Caught up with old friends via email.
15. Checked my free annual credit report (www.annualcreditreport.com) and sent out letters to all the companies who should have closed my account but thus far haven’t.
16. Updated my blog from time to time.
17. Read a million other blogs during the course of each day.
18. Read MSN news, CNN, and ESPN websites each day.
19. I have utilized my industrial strength office shredder to destroy all my outdated and useless information that I had in my files at home.
20. Played over 100 hours of Las Vegas style Solitaire on the computer.
21. Researched hotels in Orlando, FL for our vacation.

I’m beginning to think I could surely be pursing a second degree or something online while I sit here. They frown upon me actually reading a book (even though she’s aware that I have NOTHING to do). Surely there are books online that I could sit and read. I’ll have to look for some. Anyone have suggestions for what I should do in February?

Comments

Wendy said…
This totally cracks me up!

Popular Posts