A Comment on Commentators

At first, I was overjoyed with the news. ESPN was taking over Monday Night Football. YES!! Visions of Chris Berman and Tom Jackson becoming part of my Monday Night Football routine was beyond anything I could have hoped for. And, clearly it was just that. Beyond my hopes.

Here, you can read it for yourselves. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11235692/

NBC will now host my favorite night of football, Sunday night, and have decidedly RUINED it by having Michaels and Madden host. Oh.My.Lord. How I hate John Madden in the broadcast booth. They tried to coax me in by putting Bob Costas there as well, but as much as I love Costas, I cannot for the life of me make that even out my extreme dislike of Madden.

And now, even worse, the ESPN crew taking over for Mondays will include PTI's Kornheiser, whom I cannot tolerate. Kill me. Kill me now. Theismann is fine, Tirico is okay, but Kornheiser?!?! Are you kidding me?

The only good news to come out of it all is that MNF will be starting almost a half hour earlier, which means I might actually stay awake well into the third quarter. Maybe.

If you need me, I'll be in mourning. Not only has football season ended for this year, but I have no Sunday Night Football to look forward to next year if it means I'll have to listen to Madden.

Maybe it's not too late to like hockey.

Comments

Katrina said…
Who's calling the shots over there? Next thing you know, they'll have Connie Chung in the announcer's seat...
Newlywife said…
John Madden is horrible. The guy has been phoning it in for the last 10 years....much like the Rolling Stones in the Superbowl half time show. Just HORRIBLE!

I feel your pain, however, I am overjoyed at the early start! Staying up late for Football on Monday nights makes for a cranky Newlywife on Tuesday morning.

Popular Posts