Blame it on Hallmark

Maybe it’s because V-day is a week away. Maybe it’s the glass of wine I had tonight. Maybe it’s because I watched “Legends of the Fall” and then “City of “Angels” this week. Maybe it’s because I’m reading Anna Karenin.

I browsed through the profiles on match.com tonight. I know, I know, I SWORE never again. But I did not subscribe!!! I didn’t!! I swear!! I did make my profile active again, but I did NOT subscribe, I promise!!

The thing is, so many of the photos that came up from my search, I’ve seen before. These men are STILL looking. That scares me. Is there truly no hope? Isn’t there some sort of a time limit on trying to find your match? Can’t there at least be the comfort of “at least I know two years is the MOST I’ll have to wait”? I guess not.

I don’t know that I’m really ready to date yet. I really don’t. But I guess there’s a part of me that wants to put a foot out the door and entertain the notion that maybe just maybe it will go well. I realized, in a conversation with G the other night, that it has been months since I have gone out, and well over 18 months since I’ve had a date. Maybe it’s time to at least test the waters. Maybe.

Or maybe it’s just that V-day sucks.

Maybe.

Don't worry, I'll recover quickly. Tonight I'm watching "The Untouchables".

Comments

Newlywife said…
I say GO FOR IT! I'm not sure what I am telling you to go for, but...You can do it!
Emily said…
You TOTALLY have to go for it.

And now I'd like to share my sage advice with you summed up in two words... E Harmony.

Don't think about it. Don't second guess. Just do it.

Popular Posts