Two pi's in a Pod

Flash's phone vibrated tonight during youth group. He thought it was just a text message until it kept vibrating. He realized it was a phone call. When he looked at his phone he saw the call was from his best friend in Pennsylvania. He answered the call and said, "Hey, W, I can't talk now, I'm at church."

Before he could suggest he call him back later, W said, "Can you play chess?" (which they do online from time to time, although Flash hasn't had internet access in about a month.)

"Um, W, I'm at church."

"I know, but did you get your computer back? Can you play chess?"

"Yes, W, I got my computer back, but I'm AT CHURCH right now."

"Don't you have messenger on your phone, Flash? We can play chess on messenger!"

"W, I AM AT CHURCH."

"Yeah, but you have messenger, right?"

"W, I have a very limited version of messenger on my phone, yes, but I'm CURRENTLY AT CHURCH. Can I call you later?"

"I guess."

I didn't think it was possible to be more of a techno nerd than Flash, but he apparently has friends that are even techno-geekier than he is!

(When he did return the call to W, they had an endless debate about how W used to be able to recite pi to the whatever decimal place and how W couldn't remember it any longer and I started reciting pi about five places and Flash was yelling at W that I could do a better job at pi than W could and how that was just the END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.)



Sigh.


This had better get him some serious scholarships because I don't think it's going to help him get a wife.

Comments

Katy said…
If its any consolation, not that I really think that it will be, my fiancee and I are having a Pi Party on March 14 (which is Pi Day). So clearly his geekiness didn't prevent him from finding a future wife. Though it was my idea for the party.

Popular Posts