For That Which I Am Most Grateful Today

- for a brave boy who understands one of his spiritual gifts to be that of worship and has put it to action playing the trumpet for the praise team. (Even when it means leaving the house at 7:45am on a Sunday and not leaving church until 12:30!)

- for a beautiful kitty that came to us in a sorrowful way but continues to make us laugh, smile and remember Pam with such love and good memories.

- for a worship service that put into action all that we have recently learned and continues to put the challenge out in front of us to Pray Like Jesus.

- for a huge selection of beautiful, delicious produce at the grocery store. I am amazed at the options we have available. Despite being March, we can indulge in any fruit or vegetable imaginable!

- for a snowfall that I can enjoy simply by knowing it is probably our last.

- for a full tank of gas, a stocked fridge, clothes in the closet and a roof over our heads.

- for dear old friends, those who have tickled me with surprise packages this week, to those who have sent a special note or gave me a hug, you are all so dear to me.

- for dear new friends. People I have not known long and yet already feel close to. For those who pray for me, encourage me, check in on me and support me. When I reach out, there are so many arms reaching back at me to help support me and lift me up! God has placed you in my life for a reason and I am so blessed by it!

- for mentors. People to ask. People to talk to. People who can support and encourage my Christian walk. For those who help me to see the error of my ways and help me to stay on God's path.

- for the courage to say no. To walk away from that which is toxic. To be able to care so much to let go. The courage to let go and let God.

- for a gracious heart in my son. With challenges surrounding us lately, with hard words and angry tension between us, he was able to recognize his responsibility in the matter and to take ownership. He is showing me his maturity in that he has not only learned the power of an apology, but understands a sincere apology comes with restitution.

- for the blessing of house hunting. As frustrating as the process is to me, I can recognize it as a blessing from above that we are able to be in a position to buy our own home.

- for the job that I have. While I worry about summer and wonder how long until I have a classroom of my own, I can stop and thank God for the job that I have right now. For the contact with students, for the paychecks, for the comraderie.

- for the opportunities to practice Random Acts of Kindness. One of my favorite things to do is to spread joy (and God's love!) by bringing simple gifts of kindness into people's lives. This week was a week full of opportunities and I felt fortunate to be able to seize those moments and spread JOY!

- for a sister and brother (in law) who will drop everything and come running to stand in a house with me and provide me with feedback, thoughts and impressions so that I don't feel alone in my decision making this go-round.

- for answers to prayer. In the lives of my friends and family I am astounded by the ways that God is working in all of our lives!

- for perspective. For those little reminders that keep me humble and help focus my attention outside of myself. I am grateful that God reminds us that He can do "immeasureably more than we can imagine" and that His plans for us are full of hope, not of harm.

- for relaxing Sunday afternoons with my boy.

Comments

stacy said…
what a beautiful gratitude list you have made! i love your perspective.

can't wait to hear about the house you looked at!

Popular Posts