It Came Out of Nowhere

I was just standing in the kitchen reading my mom's recipe. I had no warning, no indication it was coming, it just happened. Afterwards, I stood in shock for several moments. I think I might have even clung to the counter for balance. I still can't believe it happened. Maybe it was all in my head. Maybe it was just a dream.

Flash hugged me.


On purpose. Without me asking. Without me hugging him first.

He just hugged me.

And to put my shock over the edge completely, he actually said, "Thank you."

I hadn't even done anything yet. All I was going to do was bake him my mom's coffee cake for breakfast this week.


And he hugged me. And said "Thank you."

I'm a little afraid to see what happens when it actually comes out of the oven.


Make a note, Eliza. Make a BIG note. FOOD is how you get through to teenagers.

Comments

stacy said…
i am amazed at how much food a teenaged boy can consume! our life now revolves around food.
Mig said…
Ummm HELLO? I need that receipe pronto!

Popular Posts