When the Truth Hurts

My dad and second mom have been graciously providing room and board for my brother for the past year while he gets his feet back on the ground. While it hasn't been an easy situation, we try to keep the humor alive to keep the frustrations at bay.

This past weekend, George was telling my sister that he was never going to get married. My sister asked him who was going to cook for him and do his laundry and clean his house as it certainly wouldn't be George himself and he wasn't allowed to live with her forever. He calmly replied that he intended to live with his sister, Birdy when he was older. Within earshot of this proclamation, Birdy shouted her unwavering response of "No you are not!" from the other room. My sister looked at George and said, "I guess that option is out. Now do you think you'll get married?"

George said no, he had another idea. He would go live with his Uncle G when he got older.

Again, Birdy's voice from the other room, without missing a beat replied, "I'll let Papa know to expect two of you then!"

I'm pretty sure that one has been enough for Papa, but at least it was worth a chuckle.

Comments

Popular Posts