I've been discouraged.

The houses I've been looking at are okay. Just okay. They aren't cute or quaint or charming. They don't have personality or space or sunlight. They just are. Every once in awhile we see one that has a cute feature, but nothing that has a great package. Nothing that says 'home'.

Until tonight.

Tonight I walked around in a home I would be delighted to live in. From the window seat in the dining room, to the spacious hardwood floor bedrooms with cute little reading nooks. From the bay window over the kitchen sink to the front porch. This was a home for me. Flash loved it. He was already talking about where to put this or that.

But we're not buying it. It's not the price. It's actually the perfect price for us.

It's the neighborhood. It's not the worst in town, but it's not one you drive around in and admire the landscaping the neighbors have done.

And so I said no. I won't put in a bid. I'll wait.

But it's so hard to let this cute little house go. Cause it was so me. Me in the wrong place.

Comments

Katrina said…
It's so hard to go out there with your package of hopes and that feeling in your heart that you'll "know it when you see it", and then not see it, and not see it, and not see it.

At least now you know that there are you-places out there. I hope the just-right one comes along soon.
Jennifer said…
I feel you 100%. We're house-hunting too and it's frustrating, to say the least. We are limited on our price, but have definite needs that must be met in order to find a new home. But, we are ready to leave this big, beautiful rental behind if we can find a home to call "ours". I'll pray for you...you pray for me, k? And meanwhile, keep looking - your realtor now knows exactly what you are looking for, so maybe he/she will stumble across the perfect house in the perfect location!

Popular Posts