It's About to Happen

My car is going to need serious repair.

Or maybe I'm going to find a house I love and I'll need to give them "good faith" money with my offer.

Or perhaps Flash's new glasses are about to break.

I'm not quite certain what financial need we are going to have in the next short while, I just know that we're probably going to have one.

How do I know this?

Because a number of years ago, Stacy taught me how to reframe events in my life. At the time, I had been telling her how every time money came into my life, money that I thought I could tuck away in savings, or put towards something that could use it, some emergency happened and the money went right back out the door. It was Stacy who reframed it for me and pointed out that every time I had a need, God had already provided the finances for it. I've never forgotten her words.

So how do I know that something is coming down the pike that is going to need money I don't readily have? Because today I received a notice that there are funds in my name that have been unclaimed (the letter came from my prior mortgage company). Funds in an escrow account. To the tune of a few hundred dollars. So, instead of setting my sights on something wonderful to do with this money (oh, like put it in the house fund) I know that there will probably be a need before long and I will simply transfer the funds and pay for whatever is needed.

And I will do it, remembering that it was God who put the money in my hands before he gave me a moment to worry about the need.

And I am very grateful for the reminder from Stacy that has stayed with me all these years. That helps me to see these moments of God's provision in my life and to respond to Him with a grateful heart, knowing that He always has me in His care.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Of course, I've always said a prayer of thanks for the $$ that has seemingly slipped through my fingers on numerous occasions, never being used for what I had ear-marked it for. But, I've never heard it phrased quite like this. THANK YOU Amy for this post :) Talk about perspective. This was something I really, really needed to hear after the pity party I've been having for the last 3 weeks when our HUGE tax refund disappeared in only a week, without ever touching what it was meant for!

Popular Posts