Unusually Unusual

She came into the lab with a crown on her head proclaiming her the official birthday girl. She's a doll. You couldn't take too many pictures of this Kindergartner if you were her mother. She's all full of personality, too. A little sassy, but tucked in between layers of adorable, there's no way to not fall in love with her.

"Happy Birthday!" I said as she sat at my feet on the rug. "How old are you today?"

"Well, today is not my usual birthday..." she explained with every ounce of that personality. "My usual birthday is tomorrow."

"Today is just your school birthday?" I asked with a wink to her teacher who was stifling a laugh in the back of the room.

"Yes," she replied. "Today is just my birthday at school. Tomorrow I will be six. On the usual day."

It's those unusual birthdays that will get ya every time.

Comments

Popular Posts