In For The Really Long Haul

I was teasing Flash tonight about a girl on his bus. She drives him crazy, which I've taken as a sign that they like each other. Flash gave me the low down on who this girl is currently dating. It's a new boy about every week and Flash has joked that she's going to run out of 7th grade boys here soon.

I asked if any of the guys in his group of friends is dating anyone. He said no. He went on to explain that his friend D thinks girls are gross. J has had a girlfriend but doesn't currently. Flash described himself in the same situation as his friend, N, "we're just, you know, us."

I asked about R. Does he have a girlfriend?

"No, I can't imagine any girl wanting to settle down with R, Mom."

Settling down? In the 7th grade? If dating means you like each other but act like you hate each other what must "settling down" mean?! (And do I even want to know?)

Comments

Popular Posts