When It Becomes Cool

I gave the kids their nicknames long ago and while I've always enjoyed their names, you never know if it's something they enjoy nearly so much. George has a thousand variations on his nickname and even his gym teacher at school has picked up on it and refers to him as "Jorge" - our little Mexican George.

Birdy came home with an order form to select her choice of shirt or sweatshirt for being a member of Student Council (go Birdy!) After looking at all the choices, and making her selection, my sister informed her that she had the option to put her name on the back. Birdy seemed pleased with this idea. My sister reminded her that she could put anything, really, her first name, her last name...

...to which her daughter exclaimed, "I WANT BIRDY!!!"

I guess it's safe to say she likes the nickname, huh?

Comments

Katrina said…
That's awesome! A good nickname is a gift from someone who truly knows you. :)

Popular Posts