Refocusing

It's raining and the cat puked on the sofa. There are dishes in the sink and a pile of dirty laundry on the living room floor. The house I thought I would love, I don't. The computers were down at school today so I didn't get to teach. They are going to be down again tomorrow, too. Baseball is starting and I don't have television. We're off for Spring Break next week, but that doesn't mean 'vacation' to me, it means 'I don't get paid for six days'. Flash didn't quite remember the amount of cheese he left in the freezer and now we're a little short for our pasta dish. By 'a little' I mean 'a lot'. The toilet in the neighbor's apartment directly above my bedroom ran all night long keeping me awake. I fell down my lightly frosted patio steps yesterday morning and sprained my ankle. I'm beginning to think I'm never going to get to buy new living room furniture. Flash has outgrown his twin bed, his clothes and his trumpet. The flowers in the vase on my table have died. I just got paid and I'm broke. I wasn't able to write my "Vision Statement" for Bible Study last week and I'm struggling to write my "Calling Statement" for this week. There is a questionable odor in my home and I think it might be Flash. I haven't been able to get into Scrabble on Facebook for a week now and it's my turn to play. I want to play Yahtzee or gin tonight but Flash only wants to play Galactic Civilizations. I can't find my copy of East of Eden and I loved that book. It's only Tuesday and it's already 7 o'clock. If I want to get a printed, bound copy of my Craptastic Novel I need to edit it. Again. The retirement stimulus plan stalled and now it's quite unlikely that anyone will retire early from the surrounding districts giving me an opening for a job. Someone I once cared about said some very harsh, immature things to me this weekend. Flash made a video for his broadcasting class that involves farting. I used to have nearly 50 plants in my house; I moved about 30; I'm now down to ten. We just went to the grocery store two days ago and we're already out of three things. The highlight of the evening is going to be watching MacGyver on free Netflix instant movies. Which will probably rebuffer three times while we're watching because I'm too cheap to pay for higher internet speed. Flash has a major research paper to write for gifted class which means the next few weeks of my life will be filled with agony. My kitchen sink drips. I keep forgetting our reusable bags when I'm at the store.

And yet, despite all this, I am quite happy and content and feeling really blessed lately!

Comments

stacy said…
i know just where you are coming from. i live there some days... with several questionable odors
Mig said…
WOW, can you youtube Flash's farting report? I think that would be hilarious.

What?
Jennifer said…
Well, know you're in good company :) Everything around me seems pretty bleak and we keep having to ask family for a "loan", but overall, I feel so extremely blessed for what we have! I keep telling myself it could most definitely be worse....

Popular Posts