The Whirlwind

Day One: 11 hours in the car with child and dog (kennel was full) from PA to MI. Arrived in time for a late dinner and giggles with George and Bird.

Day Two: LM and I met my sister's bff to look at an apartment. LM was utterly impressed that she manages 1500 apartments! Felt better knowing there's a 2 bedroom apartment with our name on it should we need it anytime soon. Grabbed lunch for Jules, three kids and the babysitter and returned home to get ready for an interview. Interview seemed to go very well. The position really seems like something I would enjoy and could expand my career options with. Great benefits. Should hear back sometime this week. Returned home to change clothes, relieve the babysitter and play with the kids!!

Day Three: Hung out with the kids. We played games, we ate lunch, we ran around the yard, we chased after Eli as he chased after the cat. Friday evening the boys escaped to go play laser tag with Uncle Bear while we hosted a High School Musical 2 party for Bird and seven of her best friends. It was remarkably eye opening for this mother of an eleven year old boy, let me tell you!!

Day Four: up early to head back home; slight delay as there was some debate over whether George had seriously injured his ankle the night before or if he was just playing gimpy. Turns out (as verified by a trip to the ER by my sis) that it's just severely sprained. Oh George. At least it's not broken (again). Drove home and had LM picked up by his dad so they have as much time together as possible.

Tomorrow: would love to be napping, but will be at work instead.

While we were away: four showings with one more already scheduled for tomorrow. (And as far as I know, no news from Newly...)

(Pics and details to come. Tonight it's just me, a glass of wine and a football game on the tele. I might not be awake past the first quarter, but the idea still sounds heavenly.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I cannot wait for the pics!! We had a great time being part of the "whirlwind" and cannot wait until it's not such an ordeal to spend a few hours together! Jules in MI
jenny said…
This post just cements the fact that Michigan is where you belong. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the job and condo selling fronts.
Lisa said…
I hope things work out very soon for you regarding this move. I know it can be tough.

Popular Posts