Three Days

I could tell stories about this boss, but you wouldn't believe me. I'm just going to close the door on bad management and hope that I don't have a similar experience anytime soon.

Today seemed forever long. Work was a drag and full of junior high-ish nonsense. Got home late, after my dear friend was already long waiting outside my door with dinner and the painting dude was already here to spackle and repair holes (have I mentioned how many pictures I hang?) They waited patiently for me, however, and joined me when I finally arrived. The plumber came a bit later and declared my disposal unfixable. For another $200, however, we found it to be replaceable, and hopefully have put aside any reason to complain by the potential buyers. The HVAC guy comes in the morning to give me his proclamation on the complaint the buyer's inspector had. Hopefully it's a simple fix and we'll be on our way.

I didn't pack. I'm plum out of boxes and no one that I called had any to give away. They said I could pick up some tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get that squared away. I don't need many, but I do need some.

I wrote a couple checks and mailed off a couple change of address and cancel accounts letters. I need to do more of that tomorrow. I'm quickly losing track of the things I would normally be doing at this time and hate to forget a bill that's due.

For now, however, Eli is already curled up beside me and Jonah is on the table next to the bed. I think we're all ready for some much needed sleep. Eating a real dinner tonight (albeit cold take-out) was so foreign that my stomach is doing flips. Or maybe that's just nerves. I only put the house on the market 18 days ago. In three days we leave it all behind.

Comments

jenny said…
I swear if I was a nail biter these daily posts would do me in. You are going to need a long footballish sunday when this is all said and done (and you, moving in the opposite direction of New England...harumph).
Jules said…
Wow, it's wonderful/amazing that your house went so quickly. I had heard the housing market was back on the upswing in that part of the country, but still. Wow. 18 days is like a realtor's dream come true, right? I'm so glad you'll be leaving bad work experiences behind. Good luck with the packing and loose ends. I'm sending good vibes your way!
Jennifer said…
Sleeping & eating is a must! You have to do those things or you won't be able to function much longer :) Sounds like you've got things under control. Looking forward to hearing about the actual move!!!
Mig said…
Ok so you are making my stomach do flips too.

I so wish I was there to help you.

You are SO brave. In the blink of an eye you are taking a great leap of faith.
Anonymous said…
APPLES, APPLES, AND THE CIDER MILL EXPERIENCE IN MI WITH GEORGE AND LITTLE BIRD!

Popular Posts