5

I packed this morning until I ran out of boxes. Then I cleaned and tried to make the house NOT look like I was moving in 5 days because the inspector (and buyer) were coming today at 4. I'm not sure I was very successful. I had a long talk with Eli and asked him to behave himself while everyone was here. Jonah, too. I'm not sure they listened either.

I made a few phone calls to stop direct withdrawals from this checking account. I have several more calls to make to change my address on half a dozen bills.

And I gave notice.


It was ugly. But I stayed calm and didn't give any retort. I just let my manager be her typical, unprofessional self. And I said a silent prayer that I have learned whatever lesson God wanted me to learn from this sort of manager that I might never have to deal with someone like her again. I am hoping in the next couple of days to at least speak briefly (and privately) with a couple people higher up in the rankings in some sort of exit interview fashion. I won't slam my boss, I'll remain professional, but I would hope that the input I provide might at least make them more aware of the sort of person they need to hire to replace me (no morals, no life, no backbone...)

Now I'm home, snuggled up with one cat and one dog hoping to hear that there was nothing so significant in the inspection that I can't get it fixed in the next four days. That is, if the buyer even makes me aware of anything in the next four days.

On the agenda for Tuesday: pick up more boxes, pack a few of them, get address changed for all bills and confirm with piano movers as to exact time of their availability. Oh and sleep. Did I mention sleep? Cause I'm not getting so much of it lately!

Comments

Katy said…
ok, so I know that you generally try not to go into these sorts of details on the blog, but we haven't gotten any good detailed stories of this icky boss like we did with K at the old job.

And I'm a gossip-y unemployed girl who wants to hear about your bad soon-to-be-former boss.
Jules said…
I am just so excited for you! I'm impressed at how collected you are and how well you're handling everything.

By the way, with the way your soon-to-be-ex-boss treats you, she should be glad you gave notice at all! I simply cannot stand people in management who treat others that way.
Anonymous said…
Urgh. Boss lady. Haven't heard much about her, but I am definitely not a fan. Maybe she'll learn a lesson.
Mig said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mig said…
I loved that you pissed your boss off ... by giving notice. Good for you. You are a stellar employee with morals, a life and a back bone.

It's all her loss and I do believe she will get hers in the end.

Here's to getting yourself packed, moved and on to your new life.

Good things are just around the corner.

Popular Posts