Not Just a Way With Words, A Way With Life

I have been an avid reader of Katrina's blog for awhile now and since the first day that I stumbled across her writing, I have become an avid fan of Katrina herself. Not only is she a wonderful wife, mother and friend, but she has a gift with words.

Today she wrote words that will rumble through my soul all day- perhaps all weekend, and only because I know what an incredibly beautiful soul she is, will I not feel an ounce of envy for her gift, for I know it is directly from God and I know, that Katrina embraces it fully.

Katrina, you are a poet. In your words, in your family, in your life. You make all things more beautiful.


"Sweet morning child. Keeper of the dawn. How would I know the sun was shining if you didn't drag it around behind you, dripping its rays all over the place?"

If you have not read Notes on a Napkin before, don't just stop by today, bookmark it. Stop by everyday. You will cherish every word. I do.

If you are a publisher, or know one, would you PLEASE hire this woman? Seriously.

Comments

Lisa said…
I've known Katrina since our college days; she is indeed a fantastic person and a truly gifted writer.
Katrina said…
Amy, you have no idea how touched I am by this post. You've got me all weepy now!

Thank you so much for your encouragement and your friendship (electronic in form, but so very warm and human in nature)--you make me believe I really could try to do this for a living!

God bless you, my sister!
Sarah Louise said…
I took a visit--Amy, you are re-building my blogroll, one blog at at time...

SL
Jules said…
I've been reading her for awhile, too, and can only say I'm sorry that you beat me to the punch on singing her praises! She's an inspiration.
Jennifer said…
I too am an avid Katrina reader. We've been friends now for a while - I say 'friend' because I truly see her that way, even though we've never physically met. Our live parallel in allot of ways (geeky husbands, crazy-funny kiddos), but I can say without hesitation that I think what you read is what you get with her, and I completely love that! I love her words, her inspiration, her though processes. She's an amazing writer and I hope that one day, she will have the opportunity to share herself with the rest of the world via a publisher!!!!
Jen said…
Katrina is one of my favorite people. And yes, she is as wonderful in real life as her words are on the screen.

Popular Posts