A Dirty Job - Moore

I'm not sure how I came across having Christopher Moore in my notes as an author worth reading, I think I need to keep better track of who recommends what to me.

I read the first hundred pages and have quit. I never quit on a book, but this is such a weird, darkly satirical novel, full of profanity and evil spirits that I simply do not wish to continue. If you are a Moore fan, perhaps you can tell me how to get past the profanity and cult references to actually find his writing to be humorous.

If you're not familiar with Moore, I don't recommend him.

Now, on to Lonesome Dove, which I have no doubt I will enjoy tremendously.

Comments

Amy A. said…
I have Lonesome Dove in my TBR pile, too. I keep putting it off, but I know I'll love it.
Smiles said…
Its a good book happy reading
Shari said…
Occasionally I am known to recommend Christopher Moore. And sometimes Tom Robbins.

I have found almost everyone hates them as much as I love them.

Sigh.

Oh, well.

Popular Posts