What I Read in 2006

Thirteen Moons - Frazier
Lucia, Lucia – Trigiani
All Over But the Shoutin’ – Bragg
Dear John – Sparks
For One More Day – Albom
Broken For You – Kallos
The Abortionist’s Daughter – Hyde
Maggie – Martin
The Dead Don’t Dance – Martin
A Good Year – Mayle
Mere Christianity – Lewis
Moo – Smiley
When Crickets Cry – Martin
Mercy – Picoult
Eventide – Haruf
Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Capote
The Pillars of the Earth – Follett
The Good Mother – Miller
A Wedding in December – Shreve
The Pilot’s Wife – Shreve
River Rising – Dickson
Get a Life – Gordimer
Wrapped in Rain – Martin
Crossing to Safety – Stegner
A Lesson Before Dying – Gaines
Bad Twin – Troup
The Stolen Child – Donohue
Some Wildflower in My Heart – Turner
Plainsong – Haruf
In Cold Blood – Capote
The Wonder Spot – Bank
Milk Glass Moon – Trigiani
Big Cherry Holler – Trigiani
Big Stone Gap – Trigiani
Fools Crow – Welch
Where Rivers Change Direction – Spragg
The Power of the Dog – Savage
The Stones of Summer – Mossman
Sleep Toward Heaven – Ward
Was it Beautiful – McGhee
Until I Find You – Irving
Time Traveler’s Wife – Niffenegger
Vanishing Acts – Picoult
Crime and Punishment – Dostoyevsky
Anna Karenina – Tolstoy
Disgrace – Coetzee
Kite Runner – Hosseini
To the Lighthouse - Woolf

Comments

Jules said…
Wow! You sure did read a bunch this past year! I can only hope to read as much!
Anonymous said…
Okay. That's it. New Year's Resolution: read as much as Amy did in '06.

Totally jealous. What a good reader you are!
~ej said…
wow, amy, that's awesome!! and as much as i am thrilled that you read all those great books, i am also in awe that you remembered to take note of the ones you read as well!! :)
Amy said…
Oh I just post it off to the right (over ---> thataway) on my sidebar as I go. The thing of it is, there are some on this list I couldn't tell you a character name or plot for (boy, those left a mark, huh?). I'll keep a running list for '07, too. Maybe I'll even write up short reviews this time. That's a thought!
Amy A. said…
I'm going to keep a list this year, so next January I can post a big long list, too. I'm totally jealous of all the lists I'm reading and I really can't remember more than two or three books back, but if you said, "Did you read..." I could say yes or no.

Looks like you read some good ones!
Anonymous said…
That is very impressive.
all I read was:
Until I Find You
Pillars of the Earth
Life of Pi
You have inspired me to read more!
jenny said…
i love this list...i did one the year before last and am SO mad at myself for not keeping it going.

Ah, well...another new year goal :)

Popular Posts