What I Did Over My Christmas Holiday

We went for a long while without throw pillows in our house, thanks a certain canine who had a thing for anything full of fluff. I bought us some new throw pillows this year with birthday money and was so pleased with how nice the living room looked with a splash of color. But apparently no one expected us to actually USE the pillows as they quickly became tattered and torn (and I swear, we don't have pillow fights with them!) The seams split beyond anything I could repair and I was devasted.

I decided, with my long holiday weekend, that I was going to attempt to fix this problem for good. I bought some fabric (a mole-skin sort of thing) in various earth tone colors and I hauled out the sewing machine that is older than I am and we spent some quality time in front of the tele futzing with new covers for old pillows. The result, I'm proud to say is looking pretty good. Of course, we haven't actually tried to USE them or anything yet... (I did make the covers removable to be washed and all. I know, GO ME!!)
(I apologize for the blurriness of this photo. Despite automatic focus, LM can still manage to move enough while snapping a photo to cause a blur. Consider it a creative touch!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love pillows, i love recovering them! love the earthy colours of yours too!!
jenny said…
I love these colors! Learning to sew is a goal of mine...
Katrina said…
Just beautiful! I love how a few throw pillows can liven up a whole room! Nice job (and good thinking, making them washable!)
Amy A. said…
Way to be crafty! Looks great and the colors are so soothing.

Popular Posts